Thursday, November 24, 2011

Sew Wonderful Merit Badge

As a prerequisite to all the wonderful sewing projects I have planned for our newest baby, I thought earning the MaryJanesFarm Farmgirl Sisterhood Sew Wonderful  Beginner Level Badge  was a good place to start. This badge requires you to put together a beginner's sewing kit with a homemade pinkeeper. The sewing kit must include:
  • Several different colors of thread
  • Buttons
  • Scissors
  • Needles
  • Straight pins
  • Safety pins

I found the cutest Mushroom House and Toadstool Cottage Pincushion Tutorial online. One would have been sufficient, but I had to have both of them. The directions were easy enough to follow. They are made of felt with embroidery floss accents. I used scraps we had around the house, hence the pink caps and not red!