Monday, December 26, 2011

Christmas EveTradition

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas holiday. While I feel like I just went through a whirlwind Christmas season~barely being able to catch my breath~our Christmas turned out well. We visited family, attended Christmas Mass, ate lots of food, and the kids enjoyed themselves. What more could you ask for?

I wanted to share one of my family's Christmas Eve traditions. Whenever I say that word, tradition, the song from Fiddler on the Roof, one of my all time favorite movies, plays through my mind (**chuckle**). Sorry, I'm getting a kick out of it :) Any who, my grandmother on my father's side is Italian. This recipe was passed done from my grandmother, by her mother, etc~like I said: Tradition!
Every Christmas Eve we go up to my parent's house and my mother, my daughters, and I make a homemade pasta called cavatellis (which we, in our Americanized ways, pronounce them gov-a-deals ??).





And after all the hard work . . .

 OUR FINAL PRODUCT!
Some Italian Yumminess.