Friday, December 23, 2011

This Moment: Christmas Recital


{this moment}

{this moment} - A Friday ritual. A single photo - no words - capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember.

~Amanda Soule


 
If you're inspired to do the same, leave a link to your 'moment' in the comments for all to find and see.





Our daughter, C, gave a solo Christmas concert for my husband and I in her bedroom. The pictures are bad, taken from my cell phone, but the moment was priceless--especially considering the keyboard is one of those where the keys light up to tell you which key to play~it plays on it's own :) but she practiced and practiced ever so hard alone in her room for hours prior to putting on the show.  It's little moments like this I want to savor, as I'm discovering already with oldest daughter (12), that it will not be too much longer and she won't want to do these little things any more for her parents~she'll be too busy growing up.