Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Commission Complete

I've posted in the past about recently starting up my little art business. I 've drawn a number of commissioned portraits over the  years, but I just finished up my first business commission! I wanted to share it with you.

The original photo














The commissioned portrait: 11x14 chalk pastel





close up


This was the first time I got to use my new chalk pastel pencils :) I LOVE THEM! I love trying new textures and such--things I've never drawn before. I really challenged myself this time with a lace umbrella! What a pain! But the picture was so beautiful I just had to include it, as well as the gorgeous pink flower that adds a little splash of color to the composition.


I'll be posting this to my St. Catherine's Apprentice Facebook page and web site, you can check out more there!