Tuesday, February 7, 2012

What I'm Reading: Montessori at Home

I've had my eye on this book for some time. It's actually an ebook called Montessori in the Home. I love the Montessori method and have implemented a few of the activities in my home already. Back in the day when I had fewer children and money flowed a little easier, two of my older daughters went to an actual Montessori preschool.

~~~~~~~~~~~
The new Second Edition of Montessori At Home! is a multimedia Ebook that guides you through the entire process of doing Montessori early learning activities at home. Complete background and how-to chapters are followed by clear directions for over 250 early learning materials and activities. Areas covered include:
  • Maria Montessori
  • How-To Guide for parents
  • Everyday Life Activities
  • Sensory Experiences
  • Digital Life
  • Art & Music
  • Science
  • Geography & Culture
  • Mathematics
  • Reading & Writing
  • Free Printable Materials
Every section is supported and expanded by the liberal use of links to web sites and videos you and your child can visit to learn more. Montessori At Home! is a complete, practical guide to home early learning, written just for parents.
~~~~~~~~~~

A great website I get Montessori activity ideas from is called Chasing Cheerios.

I look forward to reading my new ebook and putting the ideas and activities into use--and of course sharing them with you along the way :)